1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The E must read our posts on here. Vince just said if Taker doesn't win, he'll never appear at WM again.

2. Baron Scicluna

The crowd just chanted, "this is boring." And I agree with them. The only really good part of this show was Owens/Styles.

It's two weeks before Wrestlemania, and their main event guy spent about two minutes at the beginning of the show in a talk segment, and had a taped one-minute attack video. And he got booed big time, although you couldn't hear it too well because they have the mics down. That's supposed to get me excited for Wrestlemania?

They do a couple more taped videos for Shane/Taker. Having one would be fine at the beginning of the program. But with two weeks out, there should be some nasty shit going on. Instead we get two videos, and a brief Vince announcement.

Terry Funk got a bigger pop than 2/3 of the roster tonight. His segment with Ambrose was fine. Ambrose's match with Strohman bored me, although it shouldn't have. And if there ever was a time for Heyman to get chased, or something, now was the time. Instead, ZZZZZZZ.

Two weeks before Wrestlemania. In Philadelphia with a crowd that, although smart, is also pretty hot. Instead, they're sitting on their hands. And the E treats the show it like it's a house show in Podunk in December.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Stephanie screaming like a banshee was nice.

I'm torn. On one hand I'm happy Cody has a decent spot at Mania, on the other hand it's going to make for a spot fest that's not nearly as good as KO Sami one on one, or even if it was a 4way.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Don't worry. We'll have Ryback and Kallisto to tear down the house 1 on 1.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

Well if Shane wins Vince loses the power to enforce a Taker ban so.......thats kind of stupid isn't it?

6. Baron Scicluna

I just read another internet commenter who pointed out a giant plothole in Taker/Shane.

Vince says that if Taker loses, he'll never be at WM again.

But if Taker loses, then Shane is in charge of Raw, and, as they've emphasized, essentially in charge of the company. What would prevent Shane from allowing Taker to go back to WM?

Plothole.

EDIt: Jimmy just beat me to it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

WWE: FUCK LOGIC.

8. Baron Scicluna

And speaking of logic, how is Ziggler in the IC match when he just lost to Trips the week before?

schiezainc likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Why would Shane rehire someone who is now nothing more than Vince's bitch?

Sad, though unsurprising, that 'Taker's run would end that way, as nothing more than a pawn in the McMahons' tired games.

10. Baron Scicluna

Harper apparently hurt his knee during the post-Raw dark match and had to be taken back by doctors.

They probably should have a main event of Alicia Fox vs. Eva Marie next week for Raw just to make sure nobody else of importance gets added to the IR the week before WM.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Zack Ryder in the IC ladder match, while Tyler Breeze, who can bump and work like crazy, sits idly by.

12. JimmyHoward33

Maybe Breeze can team with Mojo on the NXT show, which is shaping up to be a show stealer (no surprise there).

Draft saved Draft deleted