1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sugar companies and their lobby care intensely.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Sen. Jeff Flake seems to be escaping conservative blowback for his support of opening up Cuba to American trade.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Castro regime kills a few of your loved ones and you can't let it go. Lighten up and move on.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

We normalized relations with Vietnam within 20 years. Eat a Cuban sandwich and relax. No need to display fake empathy. If you watch an MLB game this year, you're just as bad as you believe Obama is for going to Cuba.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty aware of our history with Cuba. My wife and in-laws are Cuban.

When I went to Cuba in 1999, I went into a Havana slum and met my father-in-law's brother, whom he hadn't seen in 43 years. The next day I shook hands with Fidel Castro.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Where did I use the word "unquestionable" in that thread?

I do appreciate you and Dick working both sides of the last word syndrome though. The Chicago Way.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No worries for me, then!

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. "You want to know what this was really all about?" he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. "The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

Ace likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

How does Utah get 33 Democrat delegates and Idaho 23?

There's about seven Democratic voters in the two states combined.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thing is, I've posted things answering this exact point in the past. I certainly create my share of issues. I don't do it by trolling the way you often do, but I certainly don't play nice all of the time. I'm not going to apologize for posting what is on my mind, but I've never said it is all everybody's else's fault.

But you and others were so anxious to take another potshot at me that you completely missed my point. Just because I create my share (and perhaps more) of the pissing matches does not mean every pissing match is my fault. But you'd rather go the lazy route. By all means, continue to do so. I've had worse said about me by far better posters than you.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ah, the "I was just joking" defense. The hiding place of posters who can't take the heat when they piss somebody off.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That you MizzouGrad? Where have you been?

lcjjdnh and JC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.