1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course there is no question Braun is a drug cheat. He admitted as much. One real question is why it matters to you given that you claim every good player in the steroid era used. Another real question is why you are posting it on a politics thread. I know some of you are desperate to take potshots at me, but could you at least make a somewhat relevant statement when you do so? Seriously guys. Start a Braun thread. I promise to come play there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump's wife and mistress had a screaming match at a ski resort. I've always found the "once a cheater, always a cheater" holds pretty true.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Lots of people politicians change their persona to appeal to voters. But a lot of guys mellow in their 50s and 60s too. So who knows.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I sure as hell did. Well, in my 50s. I don't know about the 60s yet. I get any more mellow, I'll be dead.

HC likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When my dad got into his 50s I almost started to miss what a hardass he could be when I was younger. Almost.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What happens if Hillary wins the nomination and invites Sanders to the ticket?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen. No way, no how. She's going to pick a younger male, maybe Hispanic, more likely Anglo.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She wouldn't do it; he wouldn't want it.

As VP, Sanders would be restricted basically to a mouthpiece for whatever Team Hill wanted him to say; in the Senate, he still holds a fairly prominent independent platform. It's highly possible control of the Senate may come down to a margin of 1 or 2, so Sanders could have quite a lot of leverage in terms of blocking stuff he really hates (although it's far-fetched to see him supporting virtually anything pushed by the teabag party).

As Gee observes, most likely she will go with a much younger VP pick. I'd say one of the Castros but Trump will make the GOP so radioactive to Latinos the Dems won't need to curry their favor.

Similarly, Trump's sheer repulsiveness to women and African-Americans make it unlikely Hillary will feel any need to 'nail down' those groups. The group she needs to shore up support in is white males. No veep pick is going to magically boost HRC to 70% among white males; all she's looking for is someone who might boost her from 38% to 43%.

The Dems won't want to risk a Senate seat or a current governorship on the veep seat, either.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Fidel or Raul?

RickStain, SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.