1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pretty soon they'll have to hire Al Snow to teach guys how to wrestle matches against themselves, and Heath Slater will become champion by default because he's the only guy not on IR.

Rainman likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Injuries have always happened. But how much if this is their use of "WWE style?" Jericho referred to it in his second book. Basically, they just take a bump and pop right back up, instead of taking time to sell it.

Flying around the ring and out of the ring and taking a dozen bumps a night isn't necessarily conducive to one's health. Look at the old matches. Guys might take a couple of bumps in the whole match, except for maybe, the main event. Either slow down the action in the ring a bit, add more padding to the mat, cut down the number of house shows, or give these guys and gals an off-season.

3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

He does make some good points. I would even say that the E doesn't even need to shut down for two months. Just stagger vacations for the talent. One guy gets two months off, then another guy gets two months and so on. Then give them a couple of weeks off during their seasons with injury angles, which makes the story lines a little more realistic.

There's enough talent and depth on the roster to cover for the year.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Do we put any stock in the theory that the Olympic weight lifting the Cena Kliq does wasn't good for bumping? At least for John and Cesaro?

Have to assume the knees are just bad luck, they rip all the time in all sports

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

(Gimme a fuckin' mic!)

Everybody knows--wants to know where I've been! I come from a highly educated university, and I spent some more time up there so I could come down here and talk to white trash like you people! I tell you what, when you get horizontal, you'll know exactly where you've been! You've been with a bona fried freak! And when I get my hands on Roman Reigns, I'm shove my size 12--HEY SHUT UP WHITE TRASH!--now, where was I at, baby? Oh, yeah, Roland Reigns is gonna know what it's like when the genetic freak shoves his size 12 boot up his ass so far he'll floss when he farts, and I'll become the new WWEhf-E world's heavyweight championship! Everybody knows that in a one-on-one match, he has a 50/50 chance of winning! But I'm a freak! And at WrestleRumble, his chances are gonna go down to 25 percent because I'm like taking on three men! And once I win that title, I'm taking it out of here because WWE SUCKS! I'm going back home to the city of Michigan and gonna spend some quality time with my freaks! And they're gonna enjoy every second of getting a taste of the largest arms in the world, which is gonna fall off its 57 degree axis once I'm done groundin' and poundin' all my freaks, causin' the earth to quake and the Big Dipper to fall outta the sky! So Roman Rays, I'm comin' for you, white trash! I will hurt you! I won't feel pity for you just because you're trash! You know what they say: you can take the trash outta Samoa, but you can't take Samoa out of the trash! Now the rest of you white trash stand up, get on your knees, and sit down! And pay ommage to the greatest wrestler in the world!

jpetrie18 likes this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bradley, if you don't barge into the bedroom tonight and tell your wife that she's going to start calling you the Big Bad Booty Daddy and be your freak of the week, we don't know you at all.
    And you have to wear at least a towel to simulate that headdress.

9. Rainman

10. Rainman

That's how you open the go-home show to Wrestlemania.

11. Baron Scicluna

Well, that 14 minutes just made up for the last four weeks of shitty Wrestlemania buildup.

Batman likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm always excited when I forget about Raw, and see a post like this. <3 Sounds like imma have something to look forward to when I watch the show later!

Draft saved Draft deleted