1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw this other Internet comment and it's apropos for my feelings on the main event as well. Is it sad that I'm more intrigued by how badly Reigns will get booed and the possibility of a heel turn than I am about the actual result of the title match?

Great opening to the show, pretty good middle, meh ending.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I try to evaluate a PPV by the three match rule. If there are three matches that I'm looking forward to, I'm sold. If they deliver, I leave happy.
    I think this Wrestlemania has that, regardless of the main event.
    Taker-Shane, Ambrose-Lesnar and Styles-Jericho all should be very good. The ladder match should be entertaining at least, and New Day is always fun.
    Trips-Reigns will be memorable, even if it's for the wrong reasons.
    I think it'll be a decent card.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You're missing the Women's Triple Threat which, if given the right time and space to breathe, could steal the entire show.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Eva Marie was off the main TV for, what, three months? Six? And she still managed to get booed more than Reigns when she showed up. That was awesome for all the wrong reasons. Also weird to think of how high Ziggler, Ryder and The Miz were in past years, and during their match, the crowd took things over with chanting "CM Punk."

5. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Apparently, there's a new investor interested in injecting money in TNA. Only problem? He wants 55% of the company. Dixie Carter will have to swallow her pride and accept this offer if she wants her promotion to survive another year.

6. Baron Scicluna

Maybe it's Hogan? I heard he may be coming into a lot of money soon.

schiezainc likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

So, after Raw, I watched the Daniel Bryan special following him on the day of his retirement. Very well done, in which he and Brie explain what he was going through. The behind the scenes stuff is great, with Henry telling him everyone was hoping the announcement was a work like his was.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'd like to think either the crowd punched itself out by this point in the show and was loopy.....or was just overtly reacting to Owens being a heel and refusing to get in the ring. Seemed like they kind of cut the crap the first time Sami tagged in and then started up again when KO came in and went out real quick. It was strange though....of all the guys to lose it on, those six would be among the last ones that deserve it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it was partly because of how much the WWE has diminished their stature in recent years. That should have been a new wave of talent in that 2008 to 2013 range. Instead, the company pretty much has nothing to show for it except a bunch of midcard guys. A lot of reasons in my mind for that - leaning too heavily on guys who were on TV constantly (Cena and Orton), having to do 3 hours of TV a week, pushing the wrong people, etc.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The current hierarchy -- Vince, Kevin Dunn, et al -- has got to go. Vince is out of touch and doesn't give a shit what the fans think anymore, and Dunn was apparently the reason the NXT show before Mania got very little hype.

It's time for a change.

Baron Scicluna and schiezainc like this.
  11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Is that a sex joke? #Verbs

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, 'cept it won't happen. Dunn's been around Vince forever.

Draft saved Draft deleted