1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can only take him at his word. It's not fair to do what you frequently do here - dismiss someone's stated position, because, well, he obviously doesn't really think that way. (See the insertion of "LOL" because Obamaa spoke to a Christian magazine.)

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think this makes sense, even if it's not my position.

Somehow, everyone sees the hypocrisy of the right's position that abortion is murder, but we don't want to punish the mother.

But, the left's hypocrisy, of saying that a post viability fetus should not be aborted, paired with their wide variety of exceptions to this opinion, is not recognized.

3. Dick Whitman

I don't think that's "hypocrisy."

4. YankeeFan

When he was "against gay marriage", did he support legislation that would have defined marriage as a union between one man and one woman?

Or did he actively oppose it.

I'm not sure why I'm expected to take him at his word.

If push came to shove, Obama would stand with pro abortion extremists. There's no doubt in my mind about this.

5. YankeeFan

Why not?

What's the reason for being against aborting a post viability fetus? It's because it's a human life, right? Which means taking it is murder.

Excusing murder in order to protect the mental health of the mother is not defensible.

6. Dick Whitman

OK, then you can just assign whatever opinion you want to anybody. That's a great luxury to have in an argument.

I have no doubt that Donald Trump would support waterboarding Muslim pre-schoolers. Why should I believe otherwise?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Funny how you immediately assume I was referencing only Republicans.

And if you're not trying to solve the issue, why make dozens if not hundreds of posts about it for days and days?

8. Dick Whitman

But it's not "hypocrisy." It's just an exception that you don't agree with. That's not "hypocrisy."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well there's no doubt in YOUR mind that Obama munches on fried fetus casserole every Sunday night.

10. YankeeFan

Obama specifically did not defend his stated opinion.

Why should he continue to receive the benefit of the doubt on other social issues that are important to the left?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Definitely not on Friday; he keeps halal.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

It's an exception to commit murder. Same as the right's decision to not punish the mother who has had an abortion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.