1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Because. That's the answer. Because.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think you can get there honestly with some combination of bodily autonomy being a higher fundamental right than freedom of economic activity, and the fact that market activity doesn't occur in a vacuum.

But mostly this just demonstrates the incredible stupidity of the endless "no, sometimes your views are internally inconsistent!" circles.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

4. Baron Scicluna

What position do you wan me to defend and define?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The health of the mother exception.

6. Baron Scicluna

I am against late term abortion on demand.

Having exceptions if the woman's life and physical and mental health is not on demand.

7. Baron Scicluna

Certainly. I believe it's better for a woman to be able to choose to have an abortion than risk having their health be damaged. Because the woman is a separate human being.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why do we need that? We've got you to make up his answers for us.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Define "damage" to "health."

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I respect Songbird, and Cran, for stating their opinion.

At least we can have an intelligent discussion, knowing where each other stand. (Though, Songbird did present it as more of a conversation ender, not a starter.)

In fact, I think it's worth exploring, and examining, the differences of opinion on the left on this issue. I don't think many on the left even knew there were so many different issues involved, or realized where their allies on the issue stood. (Because they've never been forced to discuss the issue.)

11. Baron Scicluna

The difference, though, is that you and I are not affected by what a woman chooses to do with her womb.

You and I are generally affected by the labor deal that Smith and Jones make. I say generally affected, because there are some ways that it may affect us, such as the setting the market rate for labor for Smith and Jones' industry if we happen to be in that industry. It also generally affects us in that there is a minimum wage set in order to ensure that Jones doesn't try to make Smith work for slave labor, which not only could depress wages for you and me and everyone else, but also may cost us all in terms of taxpayer dollars for any social services or social ills that it may create.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would say that whether or not a person is born has a fairly profound impact on society.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.