1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, I'm not going back and forth on this. Depression is a medical complication. Doctors should be able to use their judgment as far as medical complications with their pregnant patient. Medical complications in pregnancy are different than healthy pregnancies.

2. Baron Scicluna

He wants us to go to Operation Rescue rallies and shoot a bunch of protesters.

Since we're all a bunch of people who support murderers.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, you want to be able to back your own arguments with fiction.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where Baron stands.

Looking it it quickly, if what the Guttmacher Institute's reading of the law is correct, the exception is meaningless.

The South Carolina's bill makes it much less meaningless. Has it become law? What was the vote in South Carolina?

If it passes, and is litigated in the courts, where will the pro-choice side stand? I'm guessing NOW, and NARAL, and others won't go along with such a "common sense" legislation.

I could be convinced to go along with the restrictions/exemptions in the South Carolina law.

Can Baron? Can Songbird? Can Hillary?

This is exactly what should be asked.

5. Baron Scicluna

No, I said I supported exceptions. Dick asked how it was written in the law. I showed him a law on exceptions, that, according to Guttmacher, was the only one that had the separate psychiatrist requirement. Doesn't mean I support it.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Got it.

7. Baron Scicluna

If you'd bothered to read the link, it already is law in South Carolina, not just a bill.

But the law only says "preservation of the woman's mental health." How exactly does that get defined? Or is just having two doctors agree on "preservation" good enough for you because it's not just one doctor?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Comedy break: The "Trump is Dogshit" campaign has arrived.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

North Dakota GOP selecting unbound delegates today. At lot of lot of delagates will be getting multiple fruit baskets with misplaced envelopes full of cash this year.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Sure. Depression is a medical condition.

Why should it trump a post viable fetus' right to life?

If you truly believe that there is something of value worth protecting in a post viable fetus, I'm not sure how you get there.

"It's still in the mother," doesn't answer the question.

11. YankeeFan

Well, for instance, if Obama believes what he said previously, I'd like to see him come out in support of the South Carolina legislation.

There doesn't appear to me to be a reason why he wouldn't.

12. YankeeFan

Trying to multitask here.

Has is gone into effect? Is it being challenged in the courts?

Have any prominent national elected officials taken a position?

I'm genuinely curious. It sounds like a perfect example, worthy of discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.