1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I know, right? It's amazing how you everyone else's opinions better than they do. It's truly a gift. Not as good as Dicks gift to the board but it's up there.

I won't even bother to try to figure out the point you think you're making. I was pretty clear.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I like gala apples and navel oranges.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Because they're wrong.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You said you don't believe that life begins at conception. His point was that it's kinda hard to square that with the empirical fact that every human being (except one ... maybe) who ever lived was conceived.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Baron says he's cool with baby killing because the beating heart of a baby is not as important as the beating heart of the woman carrying it. That is one of Baron's more defensible positions. But now you're adding the longheld liberal belief that the value of a murderer's life is no different than that of an unborn child's. I think that's incredibly fucking stupid and callous. And anyone who believes that doesn't get to lecture another human being on what they think about protecting life.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Very mature argument you're making, there. Sounds like something Starman would write.

Which is exactly the same as the longheld conservative belief that because someone chooses to support women's rights to reproductive care, they actually WANT people to have abortions.

I'm merely pointing out the congative dissonance.

7. JohnHammond

Abortion is slightly different than killing those who you think deserve death by the crimes they committed. I mean, you don't see women getting abortions high-fiving the doctor after the procedure is done, but I'm pretty damn certain certain that t_b_f has participated in or known of celebrations after taking down a target. It's not cognitive dissonance.

8. three_bags_full

You realize I'm a MEDEVAC pilot, right?

Lugnuts, HanSenSE, YankeeFan and 3 others like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm asking an honest question: Why is the liberal default to err on the side of the vulnerable overridden in this instance?

10. JohnHammond

So you don't know any members of the miltary who've celebrated their kills?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you admitting you refuse to evac fetuses?

12. three_bags_full

What does me knowing about someone high-fiving someone else over killing the enemy have to do with anything at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.