1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I can give you some pointers when you calm down.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fertilized in a lab. It's not an act of conception. It's a science experiment.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You're free to go find all those folks and tell them they're not people. Please report back on what happens when you do so.

As I said, stop digging.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is what's frustrating about you Baron.

You mocked the idea that "emotional distress" would qualify for an exemption. It wasn't mental illness you said.

But, there's no scenario I can present to you where you wouldn't "defer to the woman and her doctor." You refuse to say that, yes, a woman who wants to abort should be forced, under any circumstances, to deliver a child.

I don't know why you're unwilling to go full Cran. I think you want to pretend to be better than than those you disagree with. You're not the extremist that your opponents are.

But, you are. There's no position more extreme than your own.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

You asked people who were born and not conceived. Those people were born, not from an act of conception, but in a lab.

I have no problem with it. But you know who is against in vitro fertilization? The Catholic Church.

Church teaching on in vitro fertilization | Catholic World Report - Global Church news and views

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

None of what you post makes the fertilization NOT conception.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

You haven't presented any scenarios. All you've done is imply that a woman could go to her doctor, squeeze out a few tears, and be given a third trimester abortion. There is more to that, which you refuse to comprehend.

8. Baron Scicluna

Sperm is a cell. An egg is a cell. Scientists put the two together to create an embryo, which is then implanted scientifically.

Scientists work with different types of cells all the time. Just because they combine two cancer cells together, for example, doesn't mean they're conceiving a new cancer.

9. YankeeFan

So, there is some circumstance where you would not defer to a woman and her doctor? Please, describe it.

You mocked "emotional distress", but when pushed, you refused to say you would not support an exemption.

10. Baron Scicluna

What is your definition of "emotional distress?"

11. YankeeFan

What does my definition have to do with it?

A doctor agrees with a pregnant woman, 35 weeks along, that she would suffer emotional distress if forced to carry the baby to term.

This is all we know.

What say you?

12. Baron Scicluna

Does she have a history of mental problems? A family history? Is she currently being treated for mental problems? Has she threatened to harm herself?

All these are questions her doctor would probably be asking and the answers she gives would be important in the doctor's treatment. You, on the other hand, are stuck on a scenario where a crying woman comes to her doctor and says she's emotionally distressed. Her doctor may agree with her that she's emotionally distressed. That doesn't mean that the doctor will agree on an abortion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.