1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Really? Have you actually given any thought as to how that would work?

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like the way that Chicago does its mayoral elections, if I recall it correctly - the primary includes everyone, regardless of party. If you get one vote more than 50 percent, game over. See you at the inauguration. Otherwise, they have a run-off election between the top two finishers, regardless of party.

3. cranberry

Has an unaffiliated mayor ever been elected?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

One-party city.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not mentally prepared? You qualify for an exemption to the late term abortion ban.

Right Baron?

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I don't think that accurately represents his position, which is that a qualified doctor would determine whether "not mentally prepared," in this specific case, results from a diagnosable mental illness that may be triggered by carrying the baby to term.

In other words, she may or may not qualify for the exemption.

7. YankeeFan

I'm prepared to have Baron tell me that she wouldn't qualify.

I don't think it will happen.

He'll pepper me with 20 questions about her situation, but, I'm not the one to quiz. Unless he's willing to interrogate a woman, or have her doctor interrogate her, this is all we have to go on.

If her doctor agrees that she's "not mentally prepared" to have a child, who are we to question whatever they decide to do. It's her body.

Isn't that what Baron has stated. (And what Hillary told Chuck Todd yesterday?)

8. Mr. Sunshine

Baron is making a Herculean effort to support abortion on demand without saying it.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

When Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock, or Donald Trump step in it regarding abortion, the left is all too happy to discuss the issue.

No one jumps in and tells us to move along. Hell, Dems, including Hillary, try to make political hay, and raise money off of it.

But, press Dems to define and defend their position on abortion, and nearly every one of them clams up.

And, when Baron continues to spout about clumps of cells, we get demands to change the subject.

Why does the left not want to talk about such a winning issue?

10. cranberry

We've devoted the last 3-4 days to it, no? Baron's not going to have an answer that's satisfactory to you. I guarantee it. Can we move on?

Baron Scicluna and SFIND like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

It's difficult to tell what statutory language that Baron would approve of - he posted the South Carolina language, but then disavowed his support.

I think he generally supports a "mental health exception," but we have to know how that exception would read.

12. Mr. Sunshine

They're just dead babies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.