1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron could certainly give me an answer that would be satisfactory to me. You did.

I'm not looking for an answer I agree with. I'm looking for a consistent answer from him that he's willing to defend.

But, we've yet to find the line for him. He's drawn a line several times, and then walked away from it.

Baron is for abortion on demand. That's a defendable position. He just refuses to say it. He wants to pretend he holds a more moderate position.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

In case you missed it, we've talked about it for days. Just watching the few people saying the same things over and over is getting old. And you and Baron are getting nowhere. There are so many other issues more at the forefront of voters' minds right now. These are just dead babies (what a vile way to assert your perceived superiority)

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be appropriate if this threaed ended at page 666 but it probably won't.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You'll never get a consistent answer because his position is inherently ambiguous. His position seems to be that the mother is free to choose up until the point of viability and thereafter only if certain health exemptions (including, apparently, a mental health exemption) are met. But the problem is nobody knows or can agree upon exactly when viability begins, nor can we agree upon what exactly what level of disorder would qualify for an exemption. So the exact parameters of his position are essentially unknowable and undefined.

We get what you're trying to do--you want to make some grand point about how he really supports abortion on demand--but you're never gonna get him to acknowledge that, and you're annoying the holy shit out of the rest of us by continually and incessantly grilling him to tell you what is essentially unknowable and undefined. Your point has already been made. So could you finally just drop it. Quit. Stop. Please?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Iron_chet likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This doesn't make sense.

He says he's in favor of an exemption for health, including mental health. OK. How does that statute read then? The one he says he would support.That's perfectly "knowable" and "definable."

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jesus, Dick, are we now gonna spend the next 40 pages parsing statutory language and coming up with various and potentially endless hypotheticals to debate whether they would or would not warrant an exemption? Yeah, this could go on forever.

At what point can we just move on? I think everybody who wanted to make their point about abortion has had ample opportunity.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.