1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuck you guys for paying close attention to the minimum wage post.

The Bernie Bros still think she's trying to glom on to Bernie's issue though. That's enough for me to enjoy it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[
    So you're willing to say the exception would be meaningful if there was a standard to the mental/health illness requirement?

OK, what should that standard be? A few tears in the office? A diagnosis of depression for a certain length of time? An expressed wish to commit suicide? An actual suicide attempt? Which standard would be sufficient enough for you?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Local, state and federal minimum wage laws must all be viewed differently. It would be silly to have a national minimum wage equal to that of, say, San Francisco or NYC. The federal minimum wage needs to set an absolute floor and allow higher-cost municipalities and states set higher minimums as they see fit.

4. Baron Scicluna

Precisely.

5. Baron Scicluna

This.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Um, the answer is none of them.

But he does want to know what standard would be sufficient for you, since you are the one who favors an exception.

Who gives a flying fuck if YF ends up disagreeing with it? Why is that making you shy away from answering the damned question?

7. Baron Scicluna

What standard would be sufficient for me? A mental issue that would be diagnosed by a doctor according to current medical standards.

And if none of the reasons I listed are sufficient, then are you saying you'd rather a woman commit suicide than have an late-term abortion?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer that she let the baby survive and then provide her the help she needs.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Me personally? I wouldn't allow for a health of the mother exemption.

What's your standard?

It doesn't sound like you have one. You leave it up to the doctor and the woman, which means whatever they decide is fine.

10. Dick Whitman

Thank you!!!

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This mean we're done? Lol

12. Dick Whitman

His latest post is not unreasonable - "a mental issue that would be diagnosed by a doctor according to current medical standards."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.