1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

To be fair, Pagan had the ball in short left field around the time Gennett was passing the shortstop position. Just a horrible send.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was kind of the opposite. He just didn't last long as a top closer.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody said it was most of last year, but he did save 17 games in 2015. Holland missed a good bit of time before he was finally shut down completely.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. Annoying. Preferred when they'd bring it in pn questionable calls. But it doesn't seem all that accurate anyway

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I ran the Pitchf/x system for a minor league team to make some extra cash several years ago. It's accurate. Why is ESPN's box not accurate?

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You agreeing it's not accurate?Sure as hell doesn't pass the eye test. And I have heard that the past couple of years from numrous friends and co workers. And I don't understand either.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Rule book strike zone vs umpire's.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Texas finishes with 1 hit, 3 runs, win.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No, I understand that. But where I see the ball go and where the K Zone tells me it went are usually a fair amount off. I also know it depends on where the pitch is crossing the plate but it has seemed off to me for a while now.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Does the camera angle affect this, maybe?

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Wondered the same thing. That's probably the best answer.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

But now I'm watching Nats on one and Rays on another and Fox Trax seems to be on the money

Draft saved Draft deleted