1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't know what it's called, but you've been baited into posting a fake quote.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Gohmert should do the world a favor and kill himself.

As the father of a brilliant 16-year-old girl who will go to college in a STEM field, his remarks make me want to puke.

There is no place in our "leadership" for someone with such a sexist attitude toward educating girls.

4. doctorquant

Is the fact that he didn't actually make those remarks a reasonable defense?

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's a fake quote, as Quant points out. Legit site (and me) got duped by Newslo.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The billionaire businessman had previously provided few details on his proposed border wall with Mexico, saying only that it would cost between $10 billion and $12 billion, and that he would make Mexico pay for it.

Golly gee, this must be true! I read it in a story by the Associated Press! I must have bought a copy of Donald Trump's book from the future!!!

Construction of the wall needs to start as soon as possible. And Mexico has to pay for it.

Let me repeat that, one way or another: Mexico will pay for it.

How? We could increase the various border fees we charge. We could increase the fees on temporary visas. We could even impound remittance payment derived from illegal wages. Foreign governments could tell their embassies to start helping, otherwise they risk troubled relations with America.

If necessary we could pay for the wall through a tariff or cut foreign aid to Mexico or simply make it clear to the Mexican government that it is to the benefit of their very profitable - for them - relationship with the United States to pay for it.

But one way or another, they are going to pay for it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  8. doctorquant

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nice job Geraldo.

Riptide likes this.
  10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

As defenses go, I suppose "I didn't do it" works for me.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.