1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, btw, the Times profile of Trump's butler confirms that he does more than "watch the shows":

Mr. Trump would meet him at the arched entrance of his private quarters to accept a bundle of newspapers including The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post and the Palm Beach papers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/us/politics/donald-trump-butler-mar-a-lago.html?_r=0

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are aware of the source of that quote, right?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

@amraeder that might be the greatest politics-related post in the history of SJ. And I'm including the old board and the old, old board too.

FileNotFound and amraeder like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Sure, like ketchup vs. mustard on a hotdog.

But, again, let's take a serious look at Hillary's trade position(s). Do they make sense? Are they smart?

Or, are they pandering nonsense, that gets treated like brilliance when proposed by Hillary?

5. Dick Whitman

Cite?

6. YankeeFan

Of course. It was in a Meet the Press interview regarding military advice:

CHUCK TODD:

Who do you talk to for military advice right now?

DONALD TRUMP:

Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great-- you know, when you watch your show and all of the other shows and you have the generals and--

Meet the Press Transcript - August 16, 2015

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So, on the one hand we have someone who doesn't actually know anything about the policies he's espousing. On the other, we have someone who purportedly knows so much about the policies she's espousing that she's both for and against them.

In short: it's a matchup between economic stupidity and political cupidity.

8. doctorquant

We'll probably need to run those by Katie Couric ...

9. Dick Whitman

So, for the record, I have no doubt that Trump reads a lot of newspapers. I have no doubt that he's a news junkie. We've been over this. The problem is that he thinks that's enough. I'm a news junkie, too. You know what? I would flounder like a fish in a high-stakes debate on the issues, if I had to participate in one today.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

His butler says he "reads" four newspapers a day. So much for being poorly informed.

Or maybe he just has a puppy that shits a lot?

11. YankeeFan

Hillary is treated as brilliant.

Trump is presented as a boob.

Now, you can argue that Trump might be right once in a while because even a broken clock is right twice a day.

But, why does such a brilliant woman often have policies that seem so uninformed?

On trade, we have to either agree that Trump stumbled into a good position, or that Hillary, somehow, holds a dumb position. Which is it?

12. doctorquant

Would you say that reading a lot of newspapers is essential to being well-informed? :D

HanSenSE, old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.