1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

All I meant is that he's been in the U.S. Congress for 30 years, which is the policy-making branch of our government. He apparently didn't absorb a lot.

2. Dick Whitman

Now my oop version of that post (I think I'm going to start offering up two versions of my responsive posts - a radio-friendly version, and the oop version):

All I meant is that he's been in the U.S. Congress for 30 years, which is the policy-making branch of our government. But you knew that. He apparently didn't absorb a lot. Nice try, however, inserting "Democratic party policy" into my argument. In other words, you admit that what I wrote was accurate, and you are now making a disingenuous attempt to mischaracterize my argument.

BTExpress, old_tony, Stoney and 4 others like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Your clarification is a well-taken point. Please leave me out of whatever you've got going on with oop.

4. Dick Whitman

I was trying to be light.

It's curious how much you don't seem to like me.

Oh, well. Can't please everyone.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Dems have always accepted Sanders as a member of their caucus, and given him committee assignments. It's not like they were ever embarrassed by him.

6. Michael_ Gee

I don't dislike you, Dick. I just didn't want to be any kind of collateral damage in some dispute I'm not aware of. I'm not mad or even irritated. Just concerned.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trevor Noah's staff digs up video of Trump getting hot and slobbery discussing his then 1-year-old daughter Tiffany's breasts.

Trevor Noah found an old clip of Trump describing his baby girl’s breasts that will make your skin crawl

Undoubtedly there is video out there of the pig breaking into a hot sweat discussing the joys of changing his daughters' diapers, up until about the age of 30.

This is a fucking certifiable pervert.

In a more action-directed society he'd be tied to the bumper of a pickup and dragged about 50 miles out in the woods, but other remedies will have to be sought.

Basically, no parent ever should allow a child of either gender alone in a room with him. I wouldn't be too wild about shaking those stumpy little hands, either, unless they'd first been scrubbed with a world class spermicidal and disinfectant agent.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Curious if this would qualify for a DW BINGO!!!

9. Dick Whitman

Oh, come on.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Daily News interview was a hit job!

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yup, 'cause only white people can be stupid.

12. Michael_ Gee

I've been scanning Wisconsin stories this morning, and for the first time in my life I experienced a pang of sympathy for our nation's political reporters. I'd sure hate to write nothing but stories with conditional clauses, verbs and adjectives in them. It's like writing a gamer after every basket, or considering the campaign pace, after every inning is a more appropriate comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.