1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary did an interview with Morning Joe today.

It pretty much went like this:

MJ: you get to sleep in your own bed for the next two weeks. How great is that?

HRC: it's really great.

MJ: Bernie's interview with the Daily News was pretty terrible. How terrible was it?

HRC: it was really terrible.

MJ: is Bernie qualified to be President?

HRC: not as qualified as me

MJ: your going to win the nomination. How do you get Bernie's supporters to vote for you in the general election?

HRC: the same way I helped my supporters in 2008 to vote for President Obama

MJ: thanks Hillary, talk soon! Up next, Chuck and Savannah

SAVANNA GUTHRIE: great interview!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As opposed to their usual nonstop Trump nut-slurping.

What's a matter, little Donnie Wonnie not in the mood to talk today?

3. YankeeFan

Trump's poor white voters are losers and racists, too dumb to succeed in life, and to uninformed on the issues to realize that Trump's policies would be impossible to enact, and wouldn't work if they somehow were enacted.

Bernie's poor white voters are brilliant college grads, burdened by college debt, and facing a tough job market (for folks with philosophy and gender studies degrees), who are caught up in Bernie's idealism. Sure, Bernie's policies will never be enacted, and wouldn't work if they somehow were enacted, but we shouldn't use this against his voters. They're smart.

Hillary's poor black voters are what? Smart, educated, and deeply informed on policy issues?

Are Hillary's poor voters any better educated than Trump's?

The only reason she's leading Bernie is because she nearly swept the Southern states, where she cleaned up with poor African-American voters.

And, the sad fact about Hillary's policies is that they have been enacted for 50 years, and haven't improved the situation for poor Black voters. How smart are they if they keep falling for the same broken policies?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

The Daily News does a tough interview with Bernie, that exposes him as a dunce, and which gets a ton of coverage.

So, MSNBC gets a rare interview with Hillary, and instead of conducting a tough interview with her, they spend nearly the whole time going over Bernie's interview with her.

It's a total joke.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I haven't watched 5 minutes of MSNBC in a year. I really couldn't give a shit less what they do. Although anybody wants to put a bullet through Joe Blowjob, I'll raise a beer can to 'em.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Cite to this?

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who you calling a honkie?

8. YankeeFan

Cite what? That his policies wouldn't work, or that his voters are smart?

I'm guessing you mean the latter. And, maybe they aren't portrayed specifically as "smart" but they're always identified as young and "involved". Their portrayed as college students. They certainly aren't mocked as stupid, losers in life as Trump supporters are.

The media rarely points out that what they believe is pie in the sky nonsense.

It's constantly pointed out that WE CAN'T BUILD A WALL, and MEXICO WILL NEVER PAY FOR IT.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DEPORT 12 MILLION PEOPLE!!

YOU CAN'T KEEP MUSLIMS FROM VISITING THE US.

MAKING BETTER "DEALS" IS NOT A COHERENT FOREIGN POLICY!!

And, because the media has constantly pointed this out, you're a fucking idiot if you still believe a word Trump says.

So, how about we constantly point out the folly in Bernie and Hillary's policies, and then ask their supporters why they continue to support candidates who have been proven to be unserious?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bernie Sanders isn't held to the same microscope because he's not a serious threat to win his party's nomination like Trump is.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

There are only two candidates running for the Democratic nomination.

I think there's time to examine each of their policies.

The Dem party is moving towards Bernie's positions. Only Hillary's huge advantage in name id (especially among African-Americans) and her institutional support, is keeping her ahead of Bernie. Bernie has pulled Hillary to the left. She's been forced to change her tone on a number of issues because of Bernie.

For the media to mock Trump, his ideas, and his supporters, but then only cover the horse race on the Democratic side, and not delve into the issues is a joke.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ah, yes.

The world is not treating two things as the same. They seem the same to you.

Obviously it is the big, mean world that is biased and not that your opinion that they are equivalent is blitheringly stupid.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Selfish, stupid minorities vote for Hillary. Selfish, stupid white people vote for Bernie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.