1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because until he told us his parents had helped finance his business, YF's schtick was that anyone could be successful if they just lifted themselves up by their bootstraps.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So since my parents paid for my undergrad degree, I would be a hypocrite to suggest that people might be successful if they took some risks and started a business.

Un-fucking-real ...

Hokie_pokie and old_tony like this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Everyone gets help from family, friends, banks, etc. in any venture. Sustaining the venture is the hard part. I envy people like YF who have the balls to strike out on their own instead of whining about how unfair their jobs are.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nah, he's a bitch-ass whose parents advanced him the equivalent of half a year's full-time college expenses. He ought to quit being such a hypocrite and fall in line with the external-locus-of-control crowd.

5. Baron Scicluna

If you were continually suggesting anyone could work their way through school while your own parents paid for your way, then you would be a hypocrite.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know the entire discussion there and I have no desire to wade deeply into it, but you asked why YF is so often the target of such criticism. The simple answer is he puts a lot of personal information out there about himself on this board, more than most. Why are you surprised when posters use it against him in an argument?

I certainly don't think you would be a hypocrite to make that type of suggestion, but it is easier to take that risk if you don't already face a debt from college tuition costs.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Liberals like it much better when parents are selfish and irresponsible ... like them.

Mr. Sunshine and doctorquant like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Contemplate, tony. Contemplate.

9. Baron Scicluna

The first part is true, but it's a lot easier to strike out on your own when you have a strong support system.

10. Mr. Sunshine

What a wonderful world we would live in if we all just waited until it was easy and simple to do things. YASFD

11. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, like Trump getting the "small" $1 million loan from his dad.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Baron, have you ever gotten a loan for anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.