1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

God damn. I'm fifty fucking three years old. I got tenure when I was 47. I got out of journalism when I was 25.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't disagree with you on that, if that was all that had happened. My point thought was that what YF had done was the equivalent of saying he was working his way through college, when it ends up coming out that he had a loan from his parents.

3. Baron Scicluna

Those 22 years were quite "a while."

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm 44. If I get a good job before I turn 47, I will have more credibility than dq. #thatshowlifeworks

5. Baron Scicluna

How is it dumb? All we ever hear is about how college grads who live at home are lazy slackers who lack the responsibility to move out in the world, right? Isn't that what we're hearing about Sanders' supporters? And why is that?

6. Baron Scicluna

Who has more credibility when it comes to talking about responsibility? The orphan who makes it through foster care, gets good grades in school, works three jobs in college, gets a degree and gets his masters while working his post-graduate job?

Or the guy whose parents pay for his tutors, pays for his college, then gives him a loan to start his own business?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Helen Keller

8. Baron Scicluna

Who was competing with others who could see and hear.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Hypocrites for using their senses.

10. Baron Scicluna

Only if they lectured that they were more successful because they worked harder than she did.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I don't think Baron went to college. Anyone interview his classmates? Let's see the transcripts.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I heard YF's parents were the ones who really learned how to repair espresso machines, built up a client base, and then handed him a business.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.