1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

TSP, thank you thank you thank you.

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Starting out with a sweep of the Cardinals is further proof that the Pirates are going to suck this year.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It's also proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I am using what the Royals did in 2015 to make my point. Every time I talk about anything related to the finances of baseball lately, somebody brings up the Royals because they think that is some sort of unbeatable argument. But the Royals weren't near the bottom of the majors when they won the World Series. They were 16th, right in the middle of the pack.

I disagree with the decision they made on Kennedy, but to an extent that was the price of doing business this past offseason. Sometimes, it's not awful to overpay a little if your team has a shot to win a championship and you think the player can help you.

5. outofplace

A joke or foolishly using a three-game sample size?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone think if the Pirates outspent the Royals they would have won more games than KC last year?

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Royals were in the middle on salary because they had a bunch of young controllable talent.
    You have a gift for making people wonder what the fuk anyone's arguing anymore.
    If you want to accept the bet, you know where to reach me.
    Fifty bucks- we can go higher if you're feeling dangerous.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Dodgers complete the ultra sweep: 7-0 tonight, 25-0 for the three games. I really hope it's because the Padres are really that bad, instead of the Dodgers being that good.

So anyway, my two favorite teams, the Angels and the Padres, have played five games so far and been outscored by a total of 40-1.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ouch. Sorry, but I had to laugh at that. Better days have to be ahead.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the Padres don't score this weekend at Coors, then they've got a problem.

11. outofplace

Pay up on what you promised me in PMs four years ago first and I'll consider it. Until then, you're just the guy who has proven he won't pay when he loses.

The point is, the Pirates can spend with the Royals. They are choosing not to. They chose to make the cost-cutting choice in every instance this past offseason and ended up weaker in every part of the game.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fuck the Royals.

Draft saved Draft deleted