1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Obamas have nice teeth.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Benchmark Politicis used exit polling to extrapolate that if Sanders voters hadn't undervoted in the Supreme Court race to the degree they did, the conservative candidate would have lost.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Benchmark Politics' analysis conveniently excludes GOP exit poll data.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

5. RickStain

Why would they need to?

Candidate lost by X. Sanders voters reported undervoting at Y rate, Clinton voters at Z rate. It's not hard to calculate whether changing Y to Z would have made up X or not, and the Republican exit poll data would have no effect on it.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Serious question - why does anyone believe that Ted Cruz is a better option than Trump?

I mean, I have to be honest - Ted Cruz scares the beejezzus out of me a helluva lot more Trump does and it is not close.

7. RickStain

Well, religious conservatives like him because he claims to be one of them.

Anyone else? I don't know, I rate them about the same. Cruz is a lot smarter than Trump, which I'm not sure if that makes him scarier or not.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Hypothetically, it's the Berniebros fault if we don't consider the effects of anything else, but voting doesn't take place in a vacuum. It's an interesting message-board and water-cooler topic.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

People who believe that the Constitution and the law mean what they say can be scary as shit.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. RickStain

See, I think you mean that ironically, but it's true. There's no such thing as a single meaning of any sentence in the English language.

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

My issue with Cruz is he is one of these religious nuts that wants to try and legislate his brand of morality from the White House.

Hokie_pokie and TowelWaver like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Fuck the Cardinals."

Completely unambiguous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.