1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Where in the current discussion did I say that Happ was going to be an ace? Nowhere.

Did I even say the Pirates should have kept him? No.

But TSP proved that in 2010 I sort of failed to predict that Happ would have a dominant run for half a season with the Pirates. Um. Congrats?

What I said was that Happ pitched very well for the Pirates in 2015 and the team did little to replace the production that was lost with his departure and Burnett's retirement. The one major move they did make to address the rotation cost them one of their better position players in a deal that cut payroll.

By the way, talk about misleading post and serious obsessions. TSP pulled that comment from a post I made in 2010. Of course, he didn't simply quote the post, which would make that clear. But to go back that far to find something to take a shot at me? Seriously, some of y'all are dedicating way too much time to me.

But hey, TSP proved that in 2010 I sort of failed to predict what Happ might do in a half season with the Pirates in 2010. Um....congrats?

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You couldn't predict chickenshit hitting the ground.
    Somebody with down time should compile one of your blooper reels.
    It would be quite the laugh.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

oopbot thinks someone he never thought would be anything special cannot be replaced by the 2016 Pirates because he pitched 10 good games.

4. outofplace

TSP thought nobody was going to figure out that the post he used was from 2010. Seriously, I don't know which is worse, that you bothered to do something so misleading to take a shot at me or that you spent the time to dig up a post that old. I know being a Cleveland sports fan is tough, but that's very sad.

Also, I never said Happ couldn't be replaced. In fact, I said the opposite, that the team should have been able to find a replacement in its price range.

5. outofplace

Still sore from your beating regarding the Pirates, huh? I'm sure you will eventually get over it.

6. TheSportsPredictor

Nope. It's obviously old.

And you never said that.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Dodgers finally give up a run as Giants score thrice in the fifth.

8. outofplace

Yes, I did. I just keep changing the wording in the hopes that it will finally get through some of the thicker skulls on this thread. Apparently, yours will take a bit more work.

And there is no date on the part you quoted, so it could easily have been confused for something recent.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I have no idea how close to normal this is, but wow.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Yet amazingly, no one was.

11. outofplace

Another claim you can't back up. Bottom line is that the quoted post does not prove what you thought it would and it does not counter anything I've been saying on this thread.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Depends how many they bought, but you have to buy A LOT of them before that starts to be normal. The Patriots' Super Bowl rings in 2015 cost a reported $36,500 each and they bought 150 of them for a total cost of about $5.5 million.
    So the Royals would have had to buy at least 300 rings to be in the same ballpark on unit price. Even accounting for players, coaches, scouts, executives, etc., that's still a hell of a lot of rings.

Draft saved Draft deleted