1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Publicity stunts like this are always like when you worked a shitty fast food job and the district manager came in. Everything needs to be cleaned up and spotless, everybody is on their best behavior. Meanwhile, everybody knows the second they're gone things will go right back to a state of functional dysfunction.

I would pay good money to see Hillary ride the subway alone, at night, on one of the sketchier routes. Not wanting anything horrible to happen to her, just to see her reaction when she realizes John Rocker's infamous description of the 7 Train wasn't that far off and there's not a hundred security guards, aides and assorted sycophants there to provide her with a buffer zone and she has to sit next to Whackin' Off Willie, five people who just finished a 12-hour shift and don't want to tell you about their fucking problems,

Speaking of which, how did this publicity stunt affect the morning commute? I'm sure she had her own car, if not her own train, and a station or two was probably closed as a security measure.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Given all the anger and sniping we see going on in all areas in this cycle, is there any doubt one if not both of the conventions will feature full blown riots in the streets?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

By the same liberal groups. Conservatives don't riot.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Could this be the moment Bill realizes the left is filled with mostly corrupt, whining pissants?

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree. Didn't hear much about how it affected the morning commute, though it might not even be noticed since the 5 train is delayed all the time anyway.

But gotta disagree on John Rocker. His opinion was vile and not even close to the truth.

EDIT: She was on the 4 train, not the 5. The 4 is a lot better than the 5 when it comes to delays. But I didn't read about any angry commuters. Well, no more angry that usual.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hope somebody told her American subways are sorely in need of an upgrade. Maybe something like this:

[​IMG]

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why is she a joke? She's smart, and brutally honest.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problem with the piece. I read it quickly but it seems she's opposed mostly to closed-mindedness and espouses respect for others' viewpoints. The headline was a little misleading.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Are such characters still on the train? I get the feeling New York in 2016 is mostly populated by millennial restaurant-goers, soccer fans, and Huxtables.

10. cranberry

There's nothing dangerous about the No. 7. It remains, however, a train of tremendous diversity, going through many wonderful lower middle class ethnic neighborhoods in Queens. If Latin and Asian people freak you out, take a fucking cab.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was thinking more about weird white people. Can the still afford to live in New York?

12. cranberry

The weird white people take the Nos. 2-3 or 4-5 and get off at Wall St.

As for lower- and middle-class people, the trains go to the outer boroughs, too. Manhattan and, to a real but lesser extent, Brooklyn are the trouble spots for affordable housing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.