1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That woman yelling reminds me of Hazel Bryan Massery yelling at Elizabeth Eckford as Little Rock was integrated.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've heard this term "paid protesters" before. Is there some indication that Sanders and/or Clinton and/or Black Lives Matter pay people to show up and protest?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We need to check with Baron. If they're not working, but getting government subsidies for school, housing, nutrition, etc., do they have an unfair advantage, that allows them to protest, while the rest of us have to go to work?

old_tony likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

I spent about 60 seconds trying to follow that argument and gave up.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If this is a DB, I apologize. Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) told an interviewer yesterday any New Yorker who voted for Cruz should have their head examined. King hastily then told the reporter "that's completely off the record."
    It was a live radio interview.

HanSenSE, SFIND and LongTimeListener like this.
  6. YankeeFan

Maybe it was poorly worded, but...

Baron sees any success that was "subsidized" with the help of a parent as illegitimate.

Now, maybe these protestors aren't "paid", but if they are receiving government benefits, I'm sure that Baron would agree, their protesting is being subsidized.

Therefor, they're not as dedicated, and legitimate, as someone who isn't subsidized.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can't just view protestors as fungible though. What is their Value Over Replacement Protestor?

8. Dick Whitman

I meant I couldn't follow Baron's nonsense yesterday.

9. YankeeFan

LOL

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

False again, and I've already explained it multiple times. I have said that success that is subsidized with parental help is legitimate. What isn't legitimate is pretending that you didn't have that parental help is achieving success.

Get it now?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's so outstanding.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Soros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.