1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a full-page ad that someone paid for. Who said newspapers are dead?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did they actually run it as the front page of the paper? I believe they did.

If it was on the editorial page, it's less embarrassing.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Would have been fine with it as A1. Rednecks don't tend to get back to the editorial page.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I just don't understand why so many people hate the media. What could it be?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not trolling or post-stalking here, but making a serious point that you should think about (since you lectured me about "self-awareness") earlier in the week:

If you're going to make quips about "rednecks" not being intellectually curious enough to get through the paper, you need to take a long look at your own disinterest in - and open hostility to - defending your opinions regarding, for example, Baseball Hall of Fame worthiness.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

Really? You make that connection? You're better than that.

I won't get passionate about Baseball Hall of Fame worthiness. You can.

Your goal to educate is getting old. You don't have any basis with which to educate.

9. Dick Whitman

You were passionate enough to argue over multiple pages that you didn't have to defend your position that the "eye test" trumps objective evidence. Now you're making quips about the intellectual incuriosity of "rednecks." That produces some cognitive dissonance for me.

Stoney likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

You can cross-thread this all you want. It's a weak ploy. You're becoming oop.

11. Dick Whitman

What's weak about it? It's a teaching moment. You were intellectually incurious about Bobby Grich's HOF credentials. Not only that, but you were damned proud of being intellectually incurious about Bobby Grich's HOF credentials. You seemed to indicate, on that thread, that several of your posts constituted "drop the mic" moments.

Now, several days later, you are riffing on the lack of intellectual curiosity of so-called "rednecks." In fact, no way they get to the editorial page! It reminds me - and I want you to understand why this is the case - of a certain poster who, himself, was not intellectually curious enough to move past the "eye test" in evaluating HOF worthiness.

12. jr/shotglass

Please, please, please spare me your teaching points. You're not that prolific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.