1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Roman = Zangief?

Batman and JRoyal like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep, they attacked the Usos after they beat the Social Outcasts in a tag tournament match. Kinda generic debut, if you ask me.

The one thing in my mind is that they're turning the Wyatts to eventually face the Balor Club. Only, like a lot of things, they've done that stupidly too.

If I was explaining tonight's main event match to someone unfamiliar with the product, I'd have to explain that there were villains on one side, which included the Mexican guy getting some cheers from an LA audience that probably has a lot of Hispanics. On the other side is supposed to be a good guy teaming up with another bad guy. Only the good guy was getting booed a lot by an audience who hates him, and the bad guy was getting cheered by an audience who likes him. Oh, and we don't have a clue in the storyline why the good guy is acting like a jerk, and why the bad guy is acting a little nicer than usual.

Which sums up a lot of the E's problems right now.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Can we have Zayne and Styles wrestle at every pay-per-view?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just wait till we get the Zayn-Styles-Owens triple threat, and the Zayn-Styles-Owens-Cesaro fatal four-way. My god, those guys will tear the fucking house down.

Baron Scicluna and JRoyal like this.
  5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Of course, this being the WWE, they'll be competing for the U.S. title while Cena and Reigns are in the main event.

6. KYSportsWriter

And then you've got to throw in Rollins and Ambrose at some point, and Balor too.

Only drawback with Balor is his age -- he's 34, though he looks much younger. I fear they'll keep him in NXT too long.

7. KYSportsWriter

Honestly, the U.S. belt could use another solid run with one of those guys. They did a fantastic job building it up with Cena in the U.S. open challenges, but now that belt has fallen by the wayside again.

schiezainc likes this.
  8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And of course there's Samoa Joe, and Austin Aries, and Shinsuke Nakamura, and Ziggler. And you've got all the other injured guys coming back. They could have some great cards in the coming year if they book things right.

Am I the only person underwhelmed by Apollo Crewes? He's got the look and some of the moves, but from what I saw in NXT, he can't cut a promo. Didn't think he was ready to get called up over someone like Joe or Balor.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

No Corbin, live anyway, no Sasha, no Becky.....no good.

The Gallows/Anderson thing was bizarre. Muted the crowd reaction. No music no speaking, I have no idea what to make of them and 90% of the audience has no idea who they are. It's amazing how flat that was compared to last week's myriad of debuts.

Neat enough show. AJ and Zayn was awesome. KO and Cesaro put on a good match. Reigns was painful. They've had worse shows overall. I do love the idea of a tag tournament to give some relevance to the various tag feuds. They need to come up with something similar for the US title and fast.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All in all, it was a good show. Two great matches, and Charlotte/Nattie was very good, although it was another meh ending. It's amazing what happens when the wrestlers, you know, wrestle.

Still wasn't that crazy about the main event, just because the face/heel turns have been botched, and having a face team up,with a heel with the '"can they trust each other?" stuff has been done a milion times.

Crowd seemed like they wanted to put over Gallows/Anderson, but not all of them knew who they were. Also wish they'd call Gallows "Doc" instead of "Luke." Just sounds a little more sinister.

Jericho/Ambrose scene made me laugh, and the Miz spitting out the domestic water was great.

Good show overall, just annoyed about how some storylines aren't making sense.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It was as if they said sheeeeet we need something for Roman and just shoe horned him into the Wyatts League thing because reasons.

AJ Zayn should've been the main event with Reigns on commentary or something

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

He's no longer Big Poppa Pump. He's "a man who owns a restaurant nearby."

(It's a Shoney's that he owns )

Draft saved Draft deleted