1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

He was there to meet his, um, client for lunch.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I heard all of the kitchen workers' hair nets are made of chain mail.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would like a Steinerline Steak, with a side order of Frankensteiner Fries.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how he talks to the cooks and wait staff?

"Listen up, you white trash! I got a diner full of my freaks out there, and they expect us to get their orders right! She said no mayo! And you, you hoochie! Why are you only carrying three plates to a table? The largest arms in the world can carry 20! Bitch!"

jpetrie18 and JRoyal like this.
  5. Bradley Guire

By the way, speaking of business ventures, I asked jpetrie if he wanted to buy TNA with me. Anyone else want in? For a couple of 50s each, I think we can go liquid on the deal.

jpetrie18 likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm in. I'll buy the Knockouts Division.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to buy the whole promotion to purchase their services. You can probably rent them.

8. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Bray Wyatt suffers injury Man, as if Reigns didn't need any more reason for the boobirds to pile on, and it wasn't even his fault.

9. Bradley Guire

Cheap Heat sans Shoemaker ... well, um. Yep. It needs time to figure out what it's going to be. It will be a painful process. It can't be guests like Coach. I can't handle listening to a company man and a guy trying to become a company man for an hour.

And Rosenberg is the type who asks a question then keeps talking for 3 minutes. Not great if the show transitions to a guest format.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The minute before they got to Coach was probably the single worst bit of broadcasting that's been on that pod. Just painful. And, it definitely seems like it's going to be a Rosenburg solo show, as Greg seems to be in the same "lay way back" positioning.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sadly as I suspected. Thanks for posting though, saves me the time of bothering to download

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Observer from April 18:

- WWE announced 10 developmental signings this week: Nicola Glencross (Nikki Storm), Michael Nicholls (Mikey Nicholls), Shane Veryzer (Shane Haste), Babatunde Aiyegbusi (6’9”, 350, from Poland), Bianca Blair (crossfit and NCAA hurdles champion), Nikola Bogojevic (third place finisher in the 2014 Pan American games in greco roman wrestling), Carolyn Dunning (model and bikini bodybuilder), Macey Estrella (former member of the U.S. Marine Corps SWAT team), Terrance Jean Jacques (Division III All-American wrestler), and Daniella Kamela (former halftime reporter for the Suns and Cardinals in 2010-11, didn’t make the last round of Tough Enough).

- The League of Nations is in the process of being broken up in the next few weeks.

- Class action lawsuits from old wrestlers against the WWE for royalties from the Network is likely in the future. The first from Rene Dupree was filed in April, but withdrawn five days later, after his lawyers were informed by WWE that Dupree signed away future licensing rights in a 2006 contract extension. It’s believed that this language was standard in WWE deals at the time, so it’s likely that pre-2006 wrestlers might still have standing.

- MVP was fired by Lucha Underground after less of a week of employment, because they apparently didn’t like that he talked about what his role would be in the promotion.

- Lucha Underground also countered the WWE’s offer to Ricochet (Trevor Mann) with a lot of money, so he could come back.

- TNA is in dire condition. They owed so much back rent at Cummins Station in Nashville, their corporate HQ, that they’re being evicted as of May 1. The ratings are still far below what POP expected, and the second airing of the show was moved from 11 p.m. to Saturday mornings.

Draft saved Draft deleted