1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Songbird

Yeah, that was ballgame right there. Made Rasmus look like an amateur on the breaking ball.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So much for the "new look"/rebuilt Mariners, built to win in spaceous Safeco Field.

They're O-fer on the current homestand, outscored 26-7 in the five losses. It's a tough ballpark to hit in ... unless you're the Oakland A's or Texas Rangers ...

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ten days into the season the Orioles are still undefeated. And JJ Hardy has a sweet love affair going right now with Pesky's Pole.

5. Songbird

O's turn your basic 5-4-6 DP.

6. Songbird

Red Sox answer with 8-6-5 to cut down Hardy trying for triple.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Buster Posey missing second straight game with foot problem. May miss finale @ Rockies as well.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What the heck is going on in Minnesota? Anyone see that coming?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I saw the Twins in March more than once, because as the other team in Ft. Myers they play the Sox a bunch in spring training, and they looked like a middling OK team to me. There's always one that blows itself up leaving the starting grid, though.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I had them last in the Central. They just aren't there yet. The two young stars are not hitting at all yet, and I don't remember the last time they had anything other than a bunch of "guys" in the rotation.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There has not yet been a complete game thrown this season in baseball. I wonder what is the farthest into a season the first complete game was finally notched.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Twins were lousy last year. They just got lucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted