1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's only because pitchers are candy-asses who don't care about winning. #Goose

heyabbott likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. Just a Braves fan here popping in to ask if anyone has a shotgun they can spare. Won't need it long.

three_bags_full likes this.
  3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

While I hate the Braves but can still sympathize, that is not as funny as you might have expected.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Another record that will never be broken Will White's 1879 record for complete games in a season, 75. He started 75, completed 75. On his 76th, and only other appearance of the season, he closed the game. Pitched 680 innings that year. 43-31 1.99 ERA

229-166 2.29 ERA

Not in the Hall of Fame.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not enough wins!

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Red Sox put Sandoval on DL with an inflamed GetTheFuckOutOfHere.

The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox marriage could be coming to an end

The curiosity of the DL move grew as the day went on. Sandoval complained of mysterious left shoulder pain, and the Red Sox chose to immediately place him on the disabled list without having tried to diagnose the severity of the injury with an MRI, sources told Yahoo Sports. By the end of Wednesday, Sandoval still hadn’t visited an MRI machine, a standard procedure that precedes a DL trip in nearly every case but catastrophic injuries.

If this were the Yankees, the next step would be to leak a completely unrealistic scenario under which the team could avoid paying him the remaining $75 million.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The Sox have been known to leak a thing or two in the past too.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That's fair. My feeling has always been that anything can be joked about as long as it is actually funny (which is obviously subjective). If it isn't funny, or lacks actual effort to make it funny, then it takes a turn toward offensive. Obviously that was not my intent.

I sincerely apologize. That post was written in haste.

But seriously, the Braves will be lucky to get out of April with 1 or 2 wins. After they get swept by the Nats, they play the Marlins, Dodgers and Mets before going interleague against Boston. At least they are home for those last three series, but that hasn't really mattered.

Some Atlanta media is saying this could be the end of Fredi Gonzalez, but that hardly seems fair with the hand he has been dealt.

9. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

But as a fellow Braves fan who is suffering, I want Fredi gone. Sooner, the better.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's baseball. Garbage teams go on weird three- or four-game winning streaks all the time. Last year, the Phillies swept the Cubs at one point at Wrigley.

RickStain likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Phillies, worst team in baseball by some margin in 2015, had two winning streaks of five wins or more last year.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That's true, and I'm not saying they will go 0-162. But at the moment they are doing a better job of finding ways to lose games rather than win them. Fredi definitely isn't helping in that regard, but it is hard to make the right decision when all of your options suck.

If they win three games before the end of April, I'll be surprised.

Draft saved Draft deleted