1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that there are more than a few Democrats who are disappointed that President Obama hasn't been successful enough to their liking at leading the U.S. further to the left. Some of these voters also see Hillary Clinton as being to the political right of the president and believe that, if President Obama wasn't able to accomplish a shift, the possibility that a second President Clinton would is pretty slim.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I find it quite flattering you would put me in the same sentence as Krugman, even if it was a useless shot at me. Thank you.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd love to see anyone with an opinion on whether Clinton is left or right of Obama to justify it with a meaningful analysis.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

One glaring example is her tendency toward military intervention as a means to solve international problems. As secretary of state, she tried to push President Obama toward intervention. She was successful in convincing to go into Libya, but not in Syria.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I consider them about the same -- centrists.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

To the left, but not by much, if you go by roll-call votes when they both served in the Senate.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Surely the eye test is good enough.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not really intended to be a shot so much as to provide a point of reference (i.e., How strong was this earthquake? It was a 6.3 on the Richter scale.).

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They both while away the hours in search of common-sense solutions.

old_tony, Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As opposed to ... ?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She's a pragmatic incrementalist. If Obama could go farther left and be successful, he would as would she.

Only Sanders has staked out a position on the real left, as Cruz has on the right. Though Cruz is more extreme. IMHO.

HRC is not a leader. She's an administrator with policy goals.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.