1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Clinton's net approval ranking is tanking. Bernie supporters increasingly voicing their determination to not vote for her.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Chuckling at Sanders and Kasich at +9 and +12, respectively ...

Sanders/Kasich: "You despise me, don't you?"
    Americans: "If I gave you any thought I probably would."

Batman and YankeeFan like this.
  3. YankeeFan

Hillary Clinton: a neocon who represents the interests of the 1%.

The Democratic Party stands for nothing if she is their nominee.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Is she proposing a flat tax that would screw lower and middle class people? Would she appoint conservatives to the Supreme Court? Is she trying to dismantle social security and Medicare and Medicaid and Obamacare? Carpet bombing?

YF, I'm pretty sure I can still find plenty of daylight between HRC and any of the GOP candidates. But thanks for your concern.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Bernie will be complaining if that money helps elect a Congress that allows him to pass some bills.

6. YankeeFan

I don't doubt her policies, and the actions she would take, are different than those of a prospective GOP president.

But, they also don't represent the supposed values of the Democratic Party.

If you abandon your values for political power, what have you gained? It's a question the GOP is struggling with as it faces a potential Trump nomination. I'm not sure how much longer the Dems can pretend they don't face the exact same problem.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's a helluva dichotomy for HRC. Her political and monetary support (and income) is derived from Wall Street and her voting support is predominantly African American.

8. heyabbott

She's status quo and smooth the edges. She stands for nothing but HRC

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Just checked out the most recent polling and projections.

The drama now seems to be not if Trump will win the nomination but how. Contested convention seeming less likely, and a former reality show host, who isn't even conservative, will lead the Republicans.

Bern's last little hurrah ... So cute.

He's ticking off the items on his presidential-run bucket list, like visiting the Pope. And being the nice fella he is, the Pope shook his hand.

HRC needs to really button up now, begin putting aside all the petty political bullshit and thinking about how best to lead.

10. heyabbott

She has never, ever, done that in her life. She's 68 years old and there is nothing about her in the last 25 years that would suggest she gives a shit about being a leader, only about advancing Hillary Clinton. She's Nixon in poly-blend pants suits.

I Should Coco, YankeeFan and Batman like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

To pass the time on a slow day:

Who do you predict will be elected president in 2020? My early guess is Paul Ryan.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Whoever wins this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.