1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If Ragu-mageddon hits like he's predicted for the last, oh, eight years or so, we might have a switch in 2020. If.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The incumbent: Al Franken.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No way.
    Hillary has the best chance. Just because she's the Democrat standard bearer and would have the machine behind her. She'd have about a 60 percent chance, depending on who runs against her. If it's anybody competent, she'll probably be a one-termer.
    Sanders and Trump are disasters waiting to happen. No chance either is anything but a one-term protest vote unless they ban elections by 2020. Which, especially in Trump's case, it wouldn't shock me if they tried.
    Cruz? Maybe a 30 percent chance, just on the idea that he might not be a disaster; the Democrats would go hard left with their candidate to course-correct from some of Cruz's conservative policies; and the Republicans and enough of the independents would reject the left turn to give him a second term.

6. Starman

I seriously don't see Hillary's health holding up through 2020. Or Bernie's either.

And The Pig is exactly the type of greasy-sweaty-pancaked fatass type guy who tends to keel over out of his seat unexpectedly some fine summer morning. As well as the possibility of some completely-out-of-the-blue drug death a-la John Entwhistle. The Pig seems a prime candidate for that kind of ending.

So I put a pretty decent chance that the POTUS on Election Day 2020 is somebody who's not really on the radar screens today.

This is what happens when you allow the presidential races to devolve into a contest of doddering old geezers. If it was really up to me, nobody over 65 would be in the running.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good points.
    There's also the very real possibility that Trump is assassinated during his term. If people are this riled up about the mere possibility of his becoming president, how unhinged will they get if he's actually elected?

8. Starman

Well, there are a lot of people who really really really hate Hitlerry too.

As far as somebody taking out The Pig, I'd say it would depend a lot on whether he actually goes ahead with any of his real crackpot ramblings such as mass deportations, etc etc. Some people think his schtick is all show for the primaries and if he was elected, he'd revert back to a more or less conventional republican and forget all his campaign trail ramblings.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. He'll be impeached.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Posting an unattractive picture of HRC won't bother people.

Nobody gives a rat's ass.

Just like nobody cared about this:

[​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]

cranberry and HC like this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

If it was up to my mother, too. She's in her 80s and kind of likes some of what Sanders says. But, she says, "He's just too old." I hate to say it but have to admit, I go along with that sentiment, too, and think that's probably been Sanders' biggest problem all along. I think the attraction of him among younger voters is somewhat artificial and temporary, and would fall off if/when push came to shove and people actually had to really vote.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Starman

If Sanders were 10 years younger, I'd be all in.

Why the college kids and millennials are nuts over him, I'm not really sure.

Of course Hillary being a wheezy old grandma hrrself probably has a lot to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.