1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Prince

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't even know what channel it was on my cable system. I had to scroll through to find it.

I wanted to see if they were doing anything about Prince. No, just heir usual reality show bullshit.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And "Nothing Compares 2 You" is the best song Sinead O'Connor never wrote.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Holy cow, I'd love to listen to what they came up with.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm the same way with celeb deaths. The news shook me hard. I posted the Guitar Gently Weeps performance on my Facebook, started listening and started crying.
    Really wanted to see Prince. A friend was at the Atlanta show last week and said it was amazing.
    Too many people get caught up in the name change, the strange behavior and the overplay of 1999 in 1999 and don't realize he was insanely talented.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

So they're saying he was found dead in an elevator ?

Considering 'Let's Go Crazy'... It's just eerie.

It's eerie in a sort of psychedelic way that fits the artist.

7. Rhody31

you're not watching MTV then.
    They've been showing nothing but Prince performances and videos for the last hour.
    I thought they were going to throw it on the MTV Live channel. They didn't, I tweeted to them that's the move and like 30 minutes later I put on MTV and it's nothing but Prince. My 4-year old keeps watching and I can't tell if she's weirded out or enjoying it.

The E! News Network - which is specifically for entertainment news - is still showing Kardashian bullshit. That's insane.

BTExpress, Lugnuts and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I fired up Spotify to listen to some of his music and there's a message that says something about his publisher asked all streaming services to remove his catalog.

But Morris Day and The Time are there. So it's not all bad.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TMZ obtained this photo of Prince leaving a Walgreens near his home in Minnesota Wednesday night at around 7 PM.

Our sources tell us Prince had frequented the Walgreens for years -- but last night, people at the store were concerned because he looked much more frail and nervous than usual.

Read more: Prince -- Alarming Pharmacy Runs Indicate Secret Health Crisis (PHOTO)

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

11. Rhody31

There are going to be an alarming number of pharmacists risking their licenses to look up what medication Prince was taking.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted