1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Prince

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually that would probably be a hell of a jam.

jpetrie18 and expendable like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The kind you find in a bakery store?

old_tony, HC, Iron_chet and 1 other person like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lol "flu".

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are these quotes legit from Clapton and Grohl?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the Clapton quote is apocryphal. I've also seen it attributed to Stevie Vai, and I still haven't seen a source cited.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I remember reading somewhere Clapton said that about Hendrix.

Grohl, I can believe he'd say that.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree with this, but thought I'd at least wait for the autopsy results before asking if anybody was the least bit surprised by what they were actually going to find.

I suspect I'm not the only one who was in a holding pattern.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't get it. What are you suggesting?

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I remember seeing an interview with Grohl after Prince covered Best of You at the Superbowl.

Basically said Prince did the song better than he did, would believe the quote is legit.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I watched a Lemmy documentary last night, and coincidentally he and Grohl (who recorded a song together and were pretty tight) got to talking about Prince, with Grohl saying he thought he was exceptionally talented. Lemmy scoffed and made some snide remarks about having already seen Jimi Hendrix and how Prince ripped off his gypsy look with scarves. I thought that was unfair, but Lemmy had been a roadie for Hendrix so I think it was a little too personal in the comparison. BTW, was interesting to see Grohl going off and saying "fuck Keith Richards" for marrying supermodels and flying Lear jets and staying in the most expensive hotels in Paris. Lemmy thought the Stones were posers and that the Beatles were actually the guys with hardscrabble backgrounds.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That Lemmy doc is amazing...and when Prince was making a name for himself nobody was calling Clapton the best in the world at anything.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was pretty damn terrific. Lemmy was just so unabashedly himself and honest, the part where he's talking about swapping girlfriends on two occasions with his son -- who is sitting right there and pretty mortified that Lemmy is sharing this info -- was hysterical.

Draft saved Draft deleted