1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Prince

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There is a Sirius channel that supposedly is all Prince music through Friday, but every time I turn it on it's someone telling their Prince story. I just want to hear some tunes.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Why? I know he was a pretty private person but I would expect to eventually see a lot of it released.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Prince was pretty egotistical. I could see him getting a kick out of the idea of stuff from his vaults being the subject of academic study long after he was gone.

It'll probably depend on what kind of provisions he made in his will and who he assigned to make those decisions.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some people take illegal drugs knowing it's wrong and dangerous and predictably become addicted. Some people take pills prescribed by their doctor and become addicted.

The latter may have good jobs and nice clothes and pay taxes and everything.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what we found too. Had to turn it off.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Many, if not most, of the former do, too.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the story go that he didn't release stuff because it wasn't ready to his standards?

I certainly hope to hear unreleased stuff. Wonder if he had a plan for it. Or who will control the vault.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Read the two links I posted earlier.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On another board I check in on once or twice a week, there's a thread in which they're getting very huffy because a bigger deal was made out of Prince than Merle Haggard.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And, meanwhile, some friends are posting that they never liked Prince's music, but RIP and all that anyway.

Hey, shut the fuck up. It ain't about you.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Cool story, bro.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Interestingly, "just give them a pill" was one of Barack's selling points for Obamacare.

Draft saved Draft deleted