1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Severino and Volquez combined to score -38.5 for me last night. FML.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like my pitching all season, but those outings are going to happen. It is when the pitcher starts having them consistently and shows signs of long-term decline that you have to worry. I'd trust either of those guys over Adam Wainwright going forward, for example.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. bigpern23

Yeah, Wainwright has looked like he's done.

What's up with Harvey? Anyone know? Is his velocity down? He's not missing bats, it looks like, and he's been pretty hittable. Wondering if he's a good buy-low candidate, or if he's going to struggle all season (or hit the DL).

4. outofplace

I'd want to do more research before trying to deal for him, but I'm guessing most Harvey owners would be unwilling to sell low this early in the season. He is too young and too talented to panic after four starts.

5. bigpern23

The Harvey owner in my 12-team keeper league is a wheeler/dealer. Guy loves to trade and he's a little impulsive, so I could see him panicking on Harvey. I won't get him for a bag of balls, but that's why I'm trying to figure out what's going on with him, so I don't screw myself by giving up too much thinking that Harvey will rebound when there might be something to be concerned about with his arm.

6. bigpern23

Tyler White is slumping badly for the Astros. Any chance A.J. Reed gets called up soon?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'd do my research first but would definitely make a run at Harvey unless red flags turn up. Would imagine it's just a slow start.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Full disclosure: Im a Mets fan but still believe that. Would definitely do some digging into it first though.

9. bigpern23

I tend to agree with you, which is why I'm interested in him. Just don't want to give up too much in an effort to get him if something is wrong.

10. outofplace

So far, I haven't heard anything about a problem with Harvey. Really, it depends what you have to give up. If you aren't getting him at a bargain rate, I wouldn't bother.

11. outofplace

He had a slow start at AAA, so that may hold back his arrival. Remember, he played a big chunk of 2015 in Class A and hadn't played above AA until this season, so they may not feel like he is ready yet.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

As always, depends on the makeup of your team and needs. But I tend to agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted