1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All the anti-war protestors, who were against George W. Bush, are going to vote for a neocon for President in 2016.

Say it ain't so @buckweaver.

2. YankeeFan

How many Muslim nations would Hillary bomb/use drone strikes?

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Agree and well said. She was also very supportive of Wall St and the big NY banks which obviously are important to the NY economy. If I had one criticism of her time as a Senator it's that she does not have her name on many bills. Perhaps she was already thinking about a run for President and did not want her name on legislation that might be viewed as negative to some.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She was Senator during a Republican administration, so I'd bet most legislation that became law had Republican sponsors and that relatively few Democrats had their names on legislation from 2001-2009.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Too bad the Republicans didn't move forward from previous failures.

Sounds like you don't like the Clintons, though. What's up with that?

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

In 2008 alone Joe Biden has his name on at least 7 bills.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Your sudden concern is concerning. You boys thought bombing the Mooslims was a great idea up until about Jan. 21, 2009.

8. YankeeFan

Not an issue for me.

I'd say the bigger surprise is how it was no longer an issue once Obama became President, for many on the left, as he intervened in more countries, and stepped up drone strikes.

And now, the chief advocate in his administration, on behalf of intervention, is poised to be the next Dem nominee.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This drives me crazy. Mano a mano does NOT mean man-to-man. It means hand-to-hand, as in hand-to-hand combat.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Shaping up as a hand-to-wohand fight, then.

BTExpress and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, when the Middle Eastern states started teetering in the "Muslim Spring," any time Obumbo waited more than 30 seconds to send the troops in with cannons blazing, the Screech Machine went crazy with "weak," "feckless," "cowardly," "surrender monkey," etc etc etc.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not an issue for me, either.

Obama gets a lot of credit for efficiency because his military was far, far more successful in locating, targeting and eliminating our enemies while killing exponentially fewer people in the process, including our own soldiers. Hasn't cost as much, either.

I have no problem using drones in Pakistan or Yemen or wherever needed. They've proven effective and very useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.