1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It would have been preferable had he never run at all, but he's wholly unelectable, and I'm going to assume many, many people told him so. I don't have to assume it. he was.

Cruz is not an alternative to Trump. That's part of the deal. he never was. He's a more sanctimonious, less personable version of Trump. He's every bit the media whore, every bit the panderer, every bit the snake. He just wraps in a phony package. He's a devil.

So is Trump, but he's the devil you know and like. He seems pragmatic, a dealmaker. Cruz will die on every hill and climb up every cross.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Joke is on your party. You've guaranteed Hilary Clinton. Enjoy it.

BDC99 likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thing is, I think if Trump wasn't running then Cruz would have already locked up the nomination.
    This election cycle -- definitely on the Republican side and to a lesser extent with the Democrats -- isn't about what's best for the country, or who the best candidate is. It's people exercising their right to protest at the ballot box. The people voting in the GOP primaries have gotten fed up with being promised one thing and then not seeing the people they elected live up to those promises (and whatever you think about that is irrelevant here; I'm giving you their reasoning, not debating it).
    Trump is the ultimate F-you to the GOP leaders, and a way to put them on red alert that the rank and file are annoyed. Cruz is the one guy who actually tried to do what he was elected to do and push back against Obama instead of talking tough and caving at the end. It's why Kasich hasn't gotten any traction, and why Jeb and Rubio imploded once they got the party leadership's backing.
    Take out either Trump or Cruz, and the other would pick up the majority of those votes not because of who they are, but because of what they represent. Whatever may come, the GOP voters do not want a "traditional" candidate to run in 2016.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What he said.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jerry Faust worked just as hard.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Herr Trumpenfuhrer couldn't spell originalist if you spotted him the "c" and the "t" ... but yeah, sure, he and Cruz are on the same wavelength.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You can spot him the n, i, g, h, and t and he can't spell Knight.

dixiehack and doctorquant like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like Digger Phelps is on board too;

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member