1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

As everyone laments the lack of good candidates (and I generally agree with Rick's and Dick's takes on this subject) I'd like to point out that there is an option: Abolish term limits. Then you don't have to arbitrarily kick the superstars to the curb.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bernie wins Indiana, for a net gain of ... four delegates. And the media goes gaga again. The very idea of his flipping hundreds of superdelegates is a hilarious pipe dream.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Well said Dick and thank you. Hillary's track record shows that she is a bright accomplished leader that will be a great President. Perhaps a shallow observation but one of the things that hurts her is that she takes a bad photo. Something Obama had the knack of avoiding.
    [​IMG]

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Being new to this place without a real read but my sense is that most of the SJ membership would never vote Republican regardless of who the candidate is. Hrrump is just icing on the cake.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If you want to see something funny, head over to redstate and see the ongoing Trump meltdown.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There's another place, too.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It did. And a lifetime of distinguished public service got Hillary Clinton the other one. There are legitimate reasons not to vote for her, but she isn't on the same plane.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's probably true. But these are mostly grown-ups who aren't voting on personality, which is what so-called "undecided voters," who are romanticized, actually do. I think that people here often slightly mischaracterize or misunderstand the Republican platform (and vice versa), but if you've bought into that characterization - and it's not a completely false one - and your values stack up a particular way, it's truly difficult to see how you would vote Republican, short of a Trump-like candidate winning the Democratic nomination. (Susan Sarandon? Lena Dunham?)

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump probably isn't a billionaire, unless you let him set his net worth himself and fill in the values on everything.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is the same reasoning that launched Ben Carson into the lead momentarily. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now. Just because you're good at one thing doesn't mean you can do anything. In this context, he's a no-nothing fool. I could talk about the Chicago White Sox with someone for hours with both deep knowledge and nuance. I'd caution that person, however, not to let me operate on his or her heart valve. Leo DiCaprio is the best actor on the planet. I wouldn't let him do my taxes, though.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Lulz. Has Trump always prefaced mentions of ethnic groups with "the..."?

"We're going to have unbelievable great relationships with the Hispanics. The Hispanics have been so incredible to me. They want jobs. The African-Americans want jobs."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.