1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, he was.

Media Inquiries | University of Chicago Law School

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School.

Anyway, the question wasn't about his accomplishments. It was what separated him from Trump. And the answer is that he displayed an interest and understanding of issues. I'm not going to win this argument with you, though, so it stops here for me.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I voted for him over the first Clinton - and I liked Bill much more than Hillary.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, Der Trumpenfuhrer engaged with political issues before he ran for president, too. He just did so in an unusual (as re: its transparency) transactional manner.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Obama's appeal was really simple. He was unbelievably charismatic, and he ran in the most anti-Republican climate I can remember, a campaign to replace a GOP president with a 22 percent approval rating. An empty suit with a D on it probably could've won.

But he also ran on a platform of optimism.

Trump is running on a platform of unabashed assholery.

Hillary is running, again, on a platform of inevitability.

There simply aren't any comparisons to what Obama accomplished in '08.

BDC99, SFIND, SpeedTchr and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying that. People can "engage" and be "qualified for the stage" and still be bad candidates.

6. Dick Whitman

Hillary Clinton is a serious person.

Barack Obama is a serious person.

Mitt Romney is a serious person.

John McCain is a serious person.

Paul Ryan is a serious person.

Marco Rubio is a serious person.

Ted Cruz is a serious person.

Sarah Palin is not a serious person.

Donald Trump is not - in the political context - a serious person.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Engaged. LOL.

What does that mean? He sat up late at Harvard Law, having all night bull sessions about policy?

He didn't "think" about issues. He staked out the far left position on every issue, in the most doctrinal way. He didn't evolve politically from the time he was a Saul Alinsky acolyte, as a young guy.

The only time he didn't support the furthest left views were when he wanted to preserve political viability. So, he was against gay marriage, or voted "present" in the Illinois state senate.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's a non-answer.

9. Dick Whitman

Have you ever admitted here that a person with a "D" after their name is anything other than "Lucipher in the flesh"? I just rattled off like seven Republicans I consider serious people that I respect. Have you conceded the same about a Democrat? I mean, like, one time?

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

OK. He was the same as Trump.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He's been a pretty big Sanders fan for months now.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LMAOOOOOOO

Nowhere in the link is the name of the author of "Clinton Cash" mentioned -- Peter Schweitzer, a longtime GOP/KOCK BROS flack, flunky and conspiracy theorist who's been pumping out this same shit for 25 years.

And oh yes, know nothing fools become billionaires if they are left hundreds of millions of bucks by their daddies.

And as others have noted, The Pig is probably only a "billionaire" if you accept his own estimations of the "brand value" of his own name. See where that brand value is in November after he takes the worst electoral fucking in history up the ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.