1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What are the post-Super Tuesday numbers?

She effectively wrapped it up with her big wins in the South, which gave her an insurmountable lead, given the proportional nature of most of the contests.

And yet, Dems wouldn't just give it to her, and send her on to the general election.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. Other than Newt, though, I don't know who would do it. Maybe Denny Hastert.

three_bags_full likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If you just remove blacks, women* and Southerners from the equation and run someone other than Trump against her, she's practically cooked!

*Fully acknowledging, YF, that you did not make those arguments about blacks and women. I'm conflating similar dismissals from elsewhere.

4. YankeeFan

LOL.

Yeah, it's an issue. Boehner wouldn't work well either.

Could be Christie almost by default.

I sill want Stanley McCrystal, but he told Morning Joe he would likely go with a politician, not a general.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember how Clinton winning primaries after Obama had clinched was a foreshadowing of him losing in 2008?

6. YankeeFan

That's how Dems have acted.

It's like they rejected the choice of their minority party members.

Why do white Dems disagree so voraciously with black Dems?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not very as a result of treasonous obstruction on the part of racist redneck teabags.

On the intellectual qualifications of THE PIG based on his infantile books, his concept of "making a deal" consists of telling the other party the way you think things are going to be, and then saying "my way or the highway." In the real world that don't work so good.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sanders is a perfect candidate for these times and "educated" democrats. I'm good friends with a person reasonably connected to the campaign. Great person. Likes to garden and advocate for cloth diapers. Recycles. Rides a bike to all locales. Likes good coffee. Makes their own bread! Craftsperson!

Who also wants universal amnesty, a 80 percent top tax rate, more subsidies for small farmers and a methodone clinic on every corner. Plus, of course, universal health care, a $15 minimum wage and half the police, because they kill people.

Bernie sanders is their gatsby's green light.

SFIND, SpeedTchr and Double Down like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Trump's VP pick

I still have money on Tom Cotton at least being vetted. But I'm not sure Cotton would want to tie his rising star to the Trumpster. He might prefer to wait for a chance to run on his own in eight years.

10. YankeeFan

Would you like to make some argument about how the 2008 Obama campaign is similar to the 2016 Clinton campaign?

I'd love to hear it.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Those are the current numbers, after Indiana. 12.4M for Hillary, 9.3M for Bernie.
    RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

They all pander to hateful, spiteful constituencies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.