1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You didn't ask a question, at least not in the post I responded to, so no, I did not attempt to answer one. You said Dems can't bring themselves to vote for Hillary, yet three million more have done so than have voted for Bernie. Don't try to move the goalposts here.

By and large, Dems aren't "continuing to vote against her." She won five of the last seven states by nearly 750,000 votes, a margin of 16 percent. She's got 1,632 pledged delegates, compared to 1,361 for Bernie. She's going to win because the majority of Democrats are voting for her in large numbers. To pretend otherwise is silly.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think historians will put Obama among the top tier of presidents. If Obama has been terrible, how would you rate George W. Bush?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not high.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The following statement isn't about any candidate, just general annoyance about how we talk about crime policy in the US:
    The federal imprisonment rate: 62/100,000
    The state imprisonment rate: 410/100,000

Most crimes, most arrests, most incarcerations aren't federal. Carry on.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Dick, Congressional DEMS were frustrated by Obama's lack of leadership and direction on his signature issue. That's just a fact.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Fair enough but the overall impact of Clinton's Crime bill was wildly damaging to
    the African American population. The rate of incarceration of blacks increased by
    50 % . That is an astounding number that has left a lasting negative impact.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

And almost all of those are not federal prisoners. The crime bill didn't help things, but it's not what really hurt them, either. It was a drop in a much larger bucket.

10. YankeeFan

Kasich staying in!

LOL.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Define "top tier."

I think Obama will most likely fall in the 15-20 range.

GWB is solidly in the low to mid-30s, IMO.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Donald Trump and John Kasich, the last two standing.

Who could have imagined?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.