1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The things people are going to say about Hillary! It's gonna be bad, folks. #whiiiiiine

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hateful, angry dumbshit in action ...

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's been documented that Clinton has already received the most negative media coverage of any candidate and a survey of national campaign reporters in Politico found that the reporters themselves believed she got more than any other. It's baked into the cake. Since I don't believe voters who aren't hard core partisans give any more credence to the media than anyone else, that is, next door to none, I also don't believe this will have much effect UNLESS Trump goes off on her. That will only increase his dismal status with women, who are, lest we forget (overwhelming majority on this board are white men including myself), are over 50 percent of the electorate.
    Clinton was accused of murder over 20 years ago. How does that get topped?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

With Cruz and Kasich calling it quits so soon after Indiana -- and I get it, it was a real ass whipping -- it makes me wonder if they have something up their sleeves.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I would never fuck with a guy wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Man, I've had the same thought. What are they up to? It's hard for me to believe that the GOP is comfortable just handing the nomination to Trump after what's gone on the past few months.

7. Michael_ Gee

Ed Kilgore in New York magazine said both dropped out so as to position themselves for 2020 as they believe Trump will lose. This way they can keep quiet and not alienate Trump voters with further attacks, thinking those voters will be looking for a new savior in 2020.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That woman is why God invented bitchslapping.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The problem is that to hear Trump tell it he's going to stop industries from sending jobs overseas, which is in their financial interest. That won't happen, and Trump would do it himself if it made him money.

This country needs to get serious about offering job training to people whose jobs get offshored. We also need to begin to develop an apprenticeship program on the order of what the Germans have, for kids coming out of high school who don't fit college.

swingline and HC like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Great. So they are going to run 15 people again, and think the result will somehow be different?

11. Dick Whitman

This is true, but nobody wants to hear it, of course. It's why YF is dancing a jig because Hillary said she wants to eliminate coal mine jobs. Of course, she's right. No one wants to hear it. They want to keep their current jobs, that they hate.

12. Michael_ Gee

Ed didn't say it was a smart move, just that it was what they were thinking. Cruz isn't going to get that much needed personality transplant in the next four years, so I don't fancy his chances then, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.