1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Let's just centralize all business.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YankeeFan, Marxist.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why? The idea that multinational corporations can or should hold an allegiance to specific countries or their former workforces is pretty outdated. If countries/governments want a company to make a commitment, they need to make such an agreement with the company on the front end. Same with employees.

And not that companies won't have their manufacturing operations wherever it's most efficient, but if we really want to keep companies here (stop corporate inversions), one thing that would be helpful is lowering the ridiculously high U.S. corporate tax level and reaching agreements with other industrialized countries that a race to the bottom on corporate taxes isn't necessarily productive for anyone in the long run.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cook Political Report releases their first analysis of the 2016 general:

http://cookpolitical.com/story/9583

They've got enough states at Leaning D or stronger to get to a majority, before including a single toss-up.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pre-indictment polling is basically useless.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I haven't raised that particular argument in this particular part of the conversation. My question centers on the objective fact that there are, literally, dozens/hundreds of training programs already in existence.

Is the mere fact that there are those who could use training sufficient evidence that we need more?

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

2016 debates could reach Super Bowl-like viewing levels.

Yet I can't think of a recent presidential election where both campaigns have bases that are convinced they're getting the shaft. Hillary will play up the gender gap among her two cats/no man voting base while Trump will tell his chain-smoking lathe operators that they're getting screwed, too.

Angriest election in my lifetime. Bring on the PAC attack ad money.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

All it takes is money. There is a bridge project going on near me. $ 4 billion dollar project
    that will take until 2018 and will employ 400 to 800 people at various cycles in work. There is also off - site assembly work that will employ another couple of hundred or so. Seems like 4 bil should get you more jobs but there is also a lot of work being done by robotics.

Would like to see more workers but still better than nothing. Imagine of the money spent
    on Iraq/ Afghanistan wars had been spent on infrastructure. At it's peak in 2013 we were spending 7 billion a month. That's almost two bridges a month you could have been building instead.

9. cranberry

And money hasn't been less expensive in our lifetime. There is and will be no better time to rebuild our infrastructure.

amraeder and Earthman like this.
  10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Agreed. What we need is a President that has experience in major infrastructure projects
    and know how to get them done.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ragu is currently working on a 15000 word response to this.

12. cranberry

Hahahaha. I see what you did there. Wait until the Freedom Caucus finds out Trump is going to borrow billions of dollars to create infrastructure jobs.

Earthman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.