1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If he really believed, or was led to believe, that Saddam was going to use chemical or nuclear weapons on people, then I get it. We'll debate for the next 100 years whether he actually believed it, or if he just needed a reason to invade and didn't care if it was actually true. There is no doubt he was naive about it, that the people he put in charge were opportunists and cronies who wanted to basically cash in on the rebuilding of Iraq. The fact that we don't talk about how BILLIONS of dollars essentially disappeared in the "reconstruction" of Iraq is truly insane. I don't think that 9/11 was some excuse to avenge dad, nor to I think it was something he took lightly. That we essentially lit $2 trillion on fire (and that number could grow to $6 trillion when we finish paying off the interest, according to recent studies) is horrifying. Every joker who grumbles and complains about "welfare queens" should be forced to stare at those balance sheets for a week. Just imagine what $2 TRILLION could do. I still stand by my statement that I think Bush was, all in all, trying to do the right thing, he was just extremely naive about it. Maybe that naivety rises to the degree of criminality. I don't know. I think it certainly should rise to the degree of criminality for some of his cronies.

It's absolute madness that we're still bitching and moaning and talking about treason over Hillary Clinton using her own private email server, yet none of the same people give a shit about the fact that WE KNOW a bunch of private companies stole $10 to $12 billion in the alleged reconstruction. Our response to that has been a big fucking shrug.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Americans have shrugged their shoulders at war profiteering since the late 1600s.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was thinking that Cheney would make the perfect VP for Trump -- just the kind of guy Dick is looking for him to pick.

He'd unify the party, and bring gravitas to the ticket.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if, as suggested during the primaries, he neeneeded someone to shoot ...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For the record, I think W seems like a decent guy but was a lousy president.

I also think Reagan was a horribly uniformed president yet very good at speaking to the masses and hitting his cues.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, the obvious "reason" is that benefits are capped, too. And this country is very wary of asking people to pay X times 10 into a system where they are only going to get X times 1 in return when they turn 67. That being said, it does seem like the most obvious solution to fixing the insolvency problem. But it was never meant to be a progressive tax.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump flak on CNN uses Obama's middle name

:;click::

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I thought that Reagan looked good in a uniform

Hokie_pokie and Ace like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, it will be interesting if he picks Kasich as his running mate. That was every liberal's favorite conservative, right? "I'd consider Kasich!" It would basically be asking the Bernie Bros to put their money where their mouth is.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes, because Trump (with Kasich in ceremonial role) is the same as Kasich.

Or maybe "in all seriousness" means something else with Trump Voter Dick.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would consider Kasich if he had a better complexion.

Earthman likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The idea being that Kasich would be the real president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.