1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Did you read the NYTimes Magazine piece about Ben Rhodes?

He brags about writing narratives to sell policy.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What that idiot pig "promises" doesn't mean shit, because every fucking thing he says is a lie and he's too stupid to know what he's talking about anyway.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How was Hillary an architect of that failed policy just because she voted for the war?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with the second part of that. He doesn't bring her a state that's a toss-up, but he certainly could help bring some independents on board who are convinced he'd influence policy from within. She doesn't really need an African American or Latino to get their votes this cycle, but he might help with younger white voters.

5. Baron Scicluna

Even more than that. Mission Accomplished. They had it planned even before Saddam was captured.

Read the speeches of Bush, Cheney, etc. All of them using similar words. "Cut and run." "We don't surrender." "The enemy." "Victory." Repeated over, and over again.

I know every war has its propaganda, but you'd think, after a while, the public would figure out that they're being sold a bill of goods.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd think it would take care of any concerns about party unity and the Bernie Bros sitting out.

That's two-thirds of YF's material!

7. YankeeFan

Does she have some successes as SoS that I missed?

The failed Libyan state is on her.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Like most of YF's material, it is based on a meaningless faux concern.

The Bernie Bros are a lot louder on the Internet than in the polls.

9. YankeeFan

They used terms like enemy and victory during a war? How dare they!

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I will say, and perhaps this anecdotal, but Bernie is winning my Reddit and Facebook primaries by a landslide.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." Bush ... Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

And if you ever did listen to one of his speeches, it wasn't like he'd say those words once or twice in a speech. It was over, and over again.

12. Baron Scicluna

Nope. Libya was already in chaos even before we did our brief intervention. You seem to forget that the rebels were asking the UN for help because Gaddafi was retaliating against civilians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.