1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dude, stop whining. :cool:

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"It's actually ok to see things in a nuanced way, instead of constantly trying to score semantic message board points."

Not to plagiarize my boy YF, but "LOL."

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

On my phone, so short reply for now...

But I see many flaws in Trump. Have mentioned them here.

I've criticized GWB plenty, as well as my former employer, Rudy Giuliani.

I do get frustrated when each of them are subject to lazy journalism, that relies on stereotypes, and narratives, as opposed to reporting and original thinking.

I'll take a well written, critical story from outside the "blob" over a lazy beltway narrative any day.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think you'd be surprised how trivial ideological congruence can be. My wife and I agree on very little politically (she's where she's always been; I've gone rightward in the 20 years since I started swingin' on the government tit). We get along just fine.

Edited to correct the (potentially Freudian) slip!

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Freudian slip? :)

6. Mr. Sunshine

As long as you say you're critical of Trump 7 1/2 years later, you're good.

7. YankeeFan

Now we know why docq can't vote for Trump!

That would be a bridge too far for the wife.

Step up doc! Even @Dick Whitman is considering voting Trump, despite his wife's objections.

8. YankeeFan

Rolling Stones to Trump: stop using our music.

Trump to Rolling Stones: go fuck your self.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're always a joy come election season, bud. Let me know if you have any original thoughts about any of this you'd like to put forth. Until then, I'll ignore the chickshit drive-bys.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Given that "original thoughts" is my thing, this response isn't very original.

I've been very clear where I stand on plenty of issues, and when I feel the need to expand on a given one (and I'm not chasing around two toddlers), I will do so. That I'm not always nice when I do it, well, liberals should have a begrudging respect for that. Ultimately, though, it doesn't take a lot of nuance and 1,000 words to point out the daily hypocrisy of liberals.

old_tony likes this.
  11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's true. We a just the worst. Good day.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've seen this hypocrisy of liberals shit here too many times to count, and rarely does it have accompanying examples. And when it does, those examples are only based on what the posters just KNOW all liberals think. Sunshine and YF, among others here, wouldn't know nuance if it bit them on the ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.