1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Oh, please. On the MAL scale of saying mean things about those with whom I disagree, my angriest posts rate about a 3 (out of 50). And on the subject of hypocrisy, it's fitting that you would invoke Pierce's name in one post about nuance and then get upset over my portrayal of the other side in another.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's more than that, it's not a Republican plumber who marries a Democrat electrician. It's someone whose public philosophy is not only diametrically opposed to yours, but outwardly calls your your beliefs secularly Satanic. And they each work diligently to promote their belief and trash yours. How can either respect they other if you find their core values abhorrent?And I've listened to both and they each have a virulent attitude toward the values of the other.

Unless it's all performance art and they each are as personally shallow and mercenary as any gun for hire ever was.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For God's sake, this isn't that hard. They have a virulent attitude toward some portion of the values of the other. Even for political operatives, that leaves a helluva lot of room for congruence on other things that are way the hell more important.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He'll pull the lever for Herself. No way he'd put access to the "banging body" at risk.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The virulent attitude is just a posture. There's little chance that either Carville or Matalin strongly believes what they're saying. Maybe in their fiery youth they did, but they've both seen way too much sausage-making by now. I am sure their pillow talk over the last few decades has been about what gullible group they spun today.

Come on. We all know politicians will say anything to any crowd. These are the people telling them what to say!

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Meh. Try living with someone who sees you watching a documentary on Stalin and responds, "Watching more lies?" ;)

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

9. Mr. Sunshine

Not satisfied with losing in a traditional manner ...

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

He's not running. There won't be a credible third-party or independent challenge this cycle. Too late for an independent candidate to get on the ballot in Texas. A couple of other big states have a June deadline.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I always thought there was some way for GOP officials to get behind Trump, if somewhat coolly. But the proposition got a lot more interesting after his comments about knowingly overborrowing with no intention of paying it back. I don't know how the Paul Ryan wing reconciles that one.

12. Mr. Sunshine

The Paul Ryan wing has been more responsible for overspending than any group in Congress. When it comes to fiscal responsibility, Ryan is the last one to talk.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.