1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Remind me again why November doesn't present an existential threat to the Republican party?

In receiving, so far, the support of 4.7 percent of America’s eligible voters, Trump has won a mere plurality of votes in a party approved by only 33 percent of the electorate. This electorate had about 5 percent more Democrats than Republicans even before Trump further tarnished the GOP brand. So, Republicans need to carry independents by more than Romney’s five points. Even in states that have voted Republican since 2000, Trump is viewed unfavorably by 62 percent and strongly unfavorably by 52 percent.

Read more at: Who Will Follow Trump Off the Cliff?, by George Will, National Review

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

@Alma says Trump is a product of the George Wills of the world ...

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Simplified

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm racking my brain for reasons I give a flying fork about what Palin said about Ryan on the shows and could find none.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I own a chunk of property adjacent to a National Forest. Despite years of slathering purple paint on hundreds of trees and rocks and posting signs every 25 feet, my property is damaged by illegal crossers too. I want a wall to keep the rednecks on ATVs out.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Is he a product of the conservative media's penchant to uphold a toxic brew of phony idealism and the relentless-but-vague argument that the world has been perpetually going to hell
    in handbasket since Jimmy Carter?

Sure. Yes.

George Will has played a minor role in that.

Your desire to be, I dunno, taken by some post I wrote months ago about some sacred conservative media cow, is duly noted.

Riptide and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

My property backs up to a Nature Preserve.

The deer and rabbit mow my plantings to the ground, even the ones that are supposed to be not so tasty.

The coyotes do what they can, but it's not enough.

This is cash out of my pocket, replanting and trying different repellants. My property value is being affected.

I want a wall.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can solve that problem for you. I'll even split the meat with you.

old_tony and Machine Head like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The GOP has been under existential threat since 1994.

Let's not forget there was a guy using a nom de plumb on the McCain campaign trail, spouting off about foreign policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.